Call us now ! Send us an email Northwestern Hwy Ste 302 Southfield United States

Back to Top

Call Us Today!
(248) 799-9233
Call Us Today!
(248) 799-9233

Areas of Practice

Child Support

In family law and public policy, child support (or child maintenance) is an ongoing, periodic payment made by a parent for the financial benefit of a child following the end of a marriage or other relationship.

Child maintenance is paid directly or indirectly by an obligor to an obligee for the care and support of children of a relationship that has been terminated or in some cases never existed. Often the obligor is a non-custodial parent. The obligee is typically a custodial parent, a caregiver, a guardian or the state.

Legal Separation

Legal separation (sometimes "judicial separation", "separate maintenance," "divorce a mensa et thoro" or "divorce from bed-and-board") is a legal process by which a married couple may formalize a de facto separation while remaining legally married. A legal separation is granted in the form of a court order.

Furthermore, in cases where children are involved, a court order of legal separation often makes temporary arrangements for the care, custody, and financial support of the children ("for the time being"). Thus, part of the court order determines child custody. Some couples obtain a legal separation as an alternative to a divorce based on moral or religious objections to divorce.

Legal separation does not automatically lead to divorce. The couple might reconcile, in which case they do not have to do anything in order to continue their marriage. If the two do not reconcile and they wish to proceed with a divorce, they must file for divorce explicitly.


Paternity law or father law, is the legal area dealing with establishing or disputing "paternity," the legal relationship between a father and his child.
A child born to the wife during a marriage under common law is determined to be the husband's child by a "presumption of paternity." This presumption can sometimes be rebutted by evidence to the contrary, generally prior to a formal court ruling involving divorce, annulment, or legal separation.

Domestic Violence

Domestic violence, also known as domestic abuse, spousal abuse, battering, family violence, and intimate partner violence (IPV), is a pattern of behavior which involves the abuse by one partner against another in an intimate relationship, such as marriage, cohabitation, dating, or within the family.
Domestic violence can take many forms, including physical aggression or assault (hitting, kicking, biting, shoving, restraining, slapping, throwing objects, and battery) or threats thereof, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, controlling or domineering, intimidation, stalking, passive/covert abuse (e.g., neglect), and economic deprivation.
Alcohol consumption and mental illness can be co-morbid with abuse and present additional challenges in eliminating domestic violence. Awareness, perception, definition, and documentation of domestic violence differs widely from country to country and from era to era.
Domestic violence and abuse is not limited to obvious physical violence. Domestic violence can also mean endangerment, criminal coercion, kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment, trespassing, harassment, and stalking.


Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Relief


Divorce (or the dissolution of marriage) is the final termination of a marital union, cancelling the legal duties and responsibilities of marriage and dissolving the bonds of matrimony between the parties (unlike annulment, which declares the marriage null and void).

Divorce laws vary considerably around the world, but in most countries it requires the sanction of a court or other authority in a legal process. The legal process of divorce may also involve issues of alimony (spousal support), child custody, child support, distribution of property, and division of debt. In most countries, monogamy is required by law, so divorce allows each former partner to marry another; where polygyny is legal but polyandry is not, divorce allows the woman to marry a new husband.

Like every major life change, divorce can be a stressful experience. It affects finances, living arrangements, household jobs, schedules, and more. If the family includes children, they may be deeply affected.


A prenuptial agreement, ante nuptial agreement, or premarital agreement, commonly abbreviated to prenup or prenupt, is a contract entered into prior to marriage, civil union, or any other agreement prior to the main agreement by the people intending to marry or contract with each other. The content of a prenuptial agreement can vary widely, but commonly includes provisions for division of property and spousal support in the event of divorce or breakup of marriage. They may also include terms for the forfeiture of assets as a result of divorce on the grounds of adultery; further conditions of guardianship may be included as well.

Modification Orders

The general assumption in most child custody cases is that the judgment is never final and that future changes in circumstances could always warrant changes in the custody arrangement.
Unless the parents voluntarily agree to a new custody agreement (which, if reasonable, are often approved by courts as a matter of course), it will generally be necessary to get the courts involved.

As with every decision related to child custody, the question of what is in the best interests of the child always controls. The desires or convenience of the parents carry very little weight.
For a court to change a child custody arrangement, one or both parents usually have to show a change in circumstances affected the interests of the child. This could mean one parent moving, a change in the health of a parent, or a change in a parent’s financial situation, among many others.

Immigration Visas

A visa (from the Latin charta visa, lit. "paper that has been seen") is a document showing that a person is authorized to enter or leave the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission of an immigration official at the time of actual entry. The authorization may be a document, but more commonly it is a stamp endorsed in the applicant's passport (or passport-replacing document).

Some countries do not require a visa in some situations, such as a result of reciprocal treaty arrangements. The country issuing the visa typically attaches various conditions of stay, such as the territory covered by the visa, dates of validity, period of stay, whether the visa is valid for more than one visit, etc.

Call Us Today At ♦ (248) 799-9233

Send to phone
Send to phone

Please try again
You must enter a vaild 10 digit U.S. phone number

Send this business listing as a text message to a mobile phone

Family Legal Center, PLC
24901 Northwestern Hwy Ste 302, Southfield
(248) 799-9233

Send this business listing as a text message to a mobile phone


Terms: the recipient of this text message may incur charges depending on their wireless carrier.
Not all carriers are currently supported.

YP Reviews

Contact Information
In Business Since 1989
Family Legal
Centers, PLC
24901 Northwestern Hwy.
Suite 302
Southfield, MI 48075
Phone: (248) 799-9233

Business Hours

Mon - Fri:     9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat -  Sun:   By Appointment Only
Payment Options